From Weightwatchers (3PP)
- 16 oz canned chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 small uncooked shallot, chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fat-free chicken broth, or water
- 1 tsp fresh chives, minced
- 9 large sweet red peppers, or 18 small red and yellow baby peppers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine chickpeas, oil, cayenne pepper, shallot, salt, black pepper and broth in a blender container; purée. Stir in chives; set aside.
- Thread whole peppers lengthwise onto long metal skewers. Place on hot grill and cook until peppers are slightly blackened, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove peppers from heat and pull peppers off skewers. Slice tops off peppers; halve lengthwise (and core if necessary).
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon of bean puree into each baby pepper half (or 1 tablespoon if using large peppers). Yields 4 filled, small pepper halves (or 2 large halves) per serving.