2 1/2 cups grated cauliflower (about 1/2 a large head)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Fresh basil leaves, optional
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Grate the cauliflower using a box grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Place in a large bowl and microwave for seven to eight minutes, or until soft. Remove from the microwave and let cool.
- Mix in the egg, one cup mozzarella, parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Once combined, pat into a 10-inch round on the prepared pizza pan. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top the pizza with the sauce, 1/4 cup mozzarella, grape tomatoes, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Bake in the oven until melted and bubbly, another 10 minutes. Top with basil before serving.
From Weightwatchers (3PP)
- 16 oz canned chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 small uncooked shallot, chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp fat-free chicken broth, or water
- 1 tsp fresh chives, minced
- 9 large sweet red peppers, or 18 small red and yellow baby peppers
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine chickpeas, oil, cayenne pepper, shallot, salt, black pepper and broth in a blender container; purée. Stir in chives; set aside.
- Thread whole peppers lengthwise onto long metal skewers. Place on hot grill and cook until peppers are slightly blackened, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove peppers from heat and pull peppers off skewers. Slice tops off peppers; halve lengthwise (and core if necessary).
- Spoon 1/2 tablespoon of bean puree into each baby pepper half (or 1 tablespoon if using large peppers). Yields 4 filled, small pepper halves (or 2 large halves) per serving.
From WW in 20 Minutes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 lb boneless sirloin steak, trimmed and cut into thin strips
- 4 scallions, cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2-1 tsp chili garlic sauce
Spray a nonstick wok or large deep nonstick skillet with nonstick spray and set over high heat. When a drop of water sizzles in it, add the garlic and ginger; stir-fry until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beef and stir-fry until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the scallions, snow peas, and bell pepper; stir-fry about 1 minute. Add the broth, soy sauce, and sugar; bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together the cornstarch, water, and chili sauce in a cup until smooth. Add to the wok and stir-fry until the sauce thickens and bubbles, about 30 seconds.
Nutritional Information (serves 4)
WW Points+: 4