From The Oatmeal Artist
1/2 cup regular rolled oats
1 cup liquid (water and/or milk of choice)
1 ripe or overripe banana
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/8 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Bring 1 cup liquid (I use an equal mixture of almond milk and water) to a boil, add 1/2 cup regular rolled oats, and reduce heat to medium. I also add a spoonful of milled flax at the same time as my oats.
- Mash up the banana and add to the oatmeal. Stir. (You could also mash half and slice the other half as a topping, if your banana isn’t too ripe!)
- Once more of the liquid has dissolved, add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract, a tiny pinch of salt, and 1/8 tsp of cinnamon. Stir.
- If you’d like to add any additional ingredients (coconut oil, raisins, sunflower seeds), do so now.
- When you’re pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with 4-6 diced strawberries and serve with another splash of your milk of choice and any additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).