- 2lbs 99% fat-free ground turkey breast
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp regular butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 large uncooked onion, finely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 12 oz cremini mushrooms, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sherry cooking wine
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and fill 12 muffin holes with liners. Coat a large bowl with cooking spray.
- Place turkey in prepared bowl; season with salt and pepper, mix until incorporated and set aside.
- Place butter and oil in a large frying pan and cook over medium heat until butter melts; add onion. Sauté onion over medium heat until wilted and translucent, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and sauté until mushrooms begin to give off moisture, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce and sherry; cook until mixture begins to resemble a paste, about 5 to 10 minutes. Toss in parsley and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add mushroom mixture to turkey and mix until thoroughly incorporated. Drop by heaping tablespoons into prepared muffin tins until 2/3 to 3/4 full. Bake muffins until centre seems firm to the touch and turkey is completely cooked through, about 22 to 27 minutes. Yields 1 muffin per serving.
4 WW Points Plus