- Scant 2/3 cup pitted dates (80g) (I highly recommend Sunmaid dates, found in regular grocery stores near the raisins. They’re softer and easier to blend.)
- handful of chocolate chips or Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup cashews (30g) (or another nut, like almonds.)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- tiny pinch of salt (can be omitted)
Blend the dates, cashews, salt, and vanilla in a food processor. (You can use a blender, but they’re much harder to blend and they can get very sticky.) You can either blend the chocolate with the other ingredients or chop it separately, then mix the pieces into the dough. Make bars, balls, or shapes of whatever size you want.